1/2 Photos of Squash Soup With Turkey and Shrimp
2 hrs 50 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
Sassy Red Chef's Note:
After experimenting with gluten-free recipes, I discovered brown rice and almond milk works well for substitution of cream soups. This soup is southern comfort to the fullest, hope you enjoy it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup sweet onion, diced
- 1 cup green pepper, diced
- 5 summer squash, cut and quartered
- 3 1/2 ounces smoked turkey sausage, quartered
- 1/2 lb frozen shrimp, fully cooked
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 teaspoon course kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon blackening seasoning, mix
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegan butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 1In a slow cooker, add the following ingredients: onions, squash, green peppers, sausage, parsely, salt, pepper, blackened seasoning and cup of water.
- 2Allow to cook for appoximately two hours on high or until vegetables are fork tender and squash has been broken down.
- 3Pour 2 cups of almond milk into soup.
- 4In seperate bowl, mix brown rice flour and vegan butter. Use fork to mesh together, almost like pie dough. Add into the soup mixture, this is your rue that will thicken the soup.
- 5If your using frozen shrimp, run some cold water until it starts to defrost. You can toss in the soup, it will eventually defrost, do not cook any longer than twenty minutes. Shrimp does well in this soup plump, however, mine has cooked for hours and was still delicious.
- 6Hope you enjoy :) also would compliment some yellow or white grits on the side.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Squash Soup With Turkey and Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (318 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 180.8
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 87.8 mg
- Sodium 1002.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 15.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: