1/1 Photo of Squash Soup With Horseradish Cream
Galley Wench's Note:
Recipe comes from The Soup Bible. Interesting pairing of ingredients; makes a lovely creme soup! Definitely a keeper!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 cooking apple
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 -2 teaspoon curry powder (plus extra for garnish)
- 3 3/4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon chopped sage
- 2/3 cup apple juice
For Horseradish Cream
- 1Peel the squash and remove the seeds and chop.
- 2Peel, core and chop the apple.
- 3Heat the butter in a large pan.
- 4Add onions and cook, stirring constantly for approximately 5 minutes until soft.
- 5Stir in curry powder. Continue cooking to bring out the flavor, stirring constantly (about 2 minutes).
- 6Add the stock, squash, apple and sage.
- 7Bring to boil, lower heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes, until squash and apples are soft.
- 8Meanwhile, make the horseradish cream. Whip the cream in a bowl until stiff, then stir in the horseradish sauce and curry powder. Cover and chill in the refrigerator until needed.
- 9Puree the soup in a blender or food processor.
- 10Return to the clean pan and add the apple juice.
- 11Season to taste.
- 12Reheat gently, without boiling.
- 13Serve in bowls topped with horseradish cream and a dusting of curry powder.
- 14Optional: Garnish with shredded lime rind.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Squash Soup With Horseradish Cream
Serving Size: 1 (279 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 174.7
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 18.7 mg
- Sodium 35.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 10.9 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: