- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 -7 yellow squash, peeled and cubed
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 large potato, peeled and cubed
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoons sugar (or adjust to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in large stock pot. Add onion and fry over medium heat until tender. Stir in salt, squash, carrots, potato, and vegetable stock. Bring to boil, then lower heat and cover. Cook for about 20 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove from heat. In batches, add the cooked mixture to a blender and blend until smooth. Pour mixture back into stock pot and add sugar, cinnamon, and allspice. Cook over medium heat for another 2-3 minutes.