Recipe by Sydney Mike
This recipe comes from my Other Half, We like it in the summertime, although we do serve it up throughout the year--usually hot when first made & then as a cold leftover!
Top Review by jellyko
very nice flavor. very versatile .... I halved the recipe using a crooked squash unpeeled. once boiled I removed seeds and put thru food processor. used garlic powder and onion powder in place of listed ingredients. once all mixed and reheated i used hand blender to smooth soup. thank you
- 1 1⁄2 lbs summer squash, yellow
- 1 1⁄2 lbs zucchini
- 1 quart half-and-half
- 1 (16 ounce) package Velveeta cheese
- 1 onion, medium, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the squash into a large sauce pan & cover with water.
- Cook until very tender, then drain off the water.
- Divide the squash & mash half of it, then in the original sauce pan, mix all the squash together with the half-and-half.
- On medium heat, reheat the squash mixture.
- Meantime, cut the Velveeta cheese into chunks.
- When the squash is again hot, add the cheese to the hot mixture, stirring it often as the cheese melts.
- The chopped onion & garlic salt can be added as the cheese continues to melt.
- When all the cheese is melted, the soup is ready to serve hot. If it's to be served cold, let it cool, then chill it in the refrigerator.