Recipe by Seasoned Cook
A QUICK and EASY vegetable to prepare! The onions give added flavor along with the garlic powder and this dish can be served with any meat.
Top Review by FLUFFSTER
This is a very simple side dish, but a very tasty one! I had just come from the produce market and was looking for a recipe to try when I found this. It's easy and what I like best about it (besides the taste lol) is that you can dress it up if you want to by adding a little crisp bacon, or even a little parmesan cxheese on top.Personally, I like mine just as is! Thanks so much for sharing! This will be a keeper for sure!
- 3 small yellow squash, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare squash and place slices on a paper towel. Sprinkle with salt and allow to stand 10 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a medium size skillet and saute chopped onions. Dip out and set aside.
- Pat squash slices with a paper towel to soak up beaded water drops.
- Add vegetable oil to skillet and heat to medium temperature. Add squash slices and saute. Sprinkle with garlic powder.
- Lift squash to serving dish and top with onion pieces.