Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
What could be better? A yellow veggie as a buttery, tasty crescent roll? Simple, quick and the kids love them. I originally found this recipe at WorldWide Recipes, years and years ago. A tried and true favorite.
- 2 cups store bought baking mix
- 2⁄3 cup squash, Hubbard or 2⁄3 cup butternut squash, cooked and mashed
- butter, softened
- Heat oven to 450°F
- Mix the baking mix with the mashed squash thoroughly until you have a soft smooth dough. On a floured surface, roll dough to a 12" circle and spread with soft butter. Using a table knife or pizza cutter, cut into 12 or 16 wedges. Loosely roll up beginning at rounded edges. Place rolls with points underneath about 1" apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until a light golden brown. You can also sprinkle butter topped dough with Parmesan cheese before rolling into rolls.
- I use frozen Butternut squash instead of fresh cooked.