1/1 Photo of Squash Pull-Apart Dinner Rolls
21 hrs 25 mins
Happy Harry #2's Note:
Haven't made these yet but plan them for 2007 Thanksgiving dinner. Came from Sunset magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, combine milk with yeast, sugar, and salt. Let stand 5 minutes, then add egg and beat well to combine.
- 2Add squash and shortening; mash with a fork until shortening is in small pieces. Add 11/2 cups flour and mix well with a wooden spoon. Gradually mix in more flour by the cupful until dough collects around spoon and pulls away from sides of bowl (you may not need all the flour).
- 3Transfer to a lightly floured surface and knead 2 minutes. Put dough in a greased bowl; cover with a towel. Let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, 1 to 11/2 hours.
- 4Preheat oven to 400 degrees and butter a large baking sheet. Punch dough down, turn out onto a lightly floured work surface, and knead until dough is smooth and supple, about 7 minutes. Cut dough into 4 balls; cut each ball into 6 pieces.
- 5Roll each piece into a round and arrange rounds on baking sheet so they barely touch. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with poppy seeds; cover with plastic wrap and let rise 30 minutes.
- 6Bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Let cool, then pull apart to serve.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Squash Pull-Apart Dinner Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (48 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 128.3
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 13.4 mg
- Sodium 308.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 3.1 g