Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
A great way to use up those extra yellow squash. It goes really well with Thanksgiving leftovers.
- 3 medium yellow squash
- 3 tablespoons flour, heaping
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Cut the squash into approximately 1-inch chunks.
- Cook until tender; either by boiling in water on the stove or cooking for about 9 minutes, stirring once, in the microwave.
- Drain well and puree in blender.
- Mix all ingredients, except nutmeg, well.
- Pour into greased casserole dish. Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Bake 350° for at least 45 - 60 minutes, or until set. (The original recipe says 35 minutes, but it's still like soup at that point for me.).
- Serve warm or cold.
so yummy, almost like pumpkin pie - great way to use all the extra yellow squash i had from my CSA. I'll be making this again for sure
This had great flavor, but sadly I didn't think to take the seeds out of my squash and so the texture was not desirable. I'll definitely make it again sans the seeds.
this is awesome. we have tons of yellow squash. I precooked some and froze it, so we can have all winter. great way to use summer squash.