- 3 medium yellow squash
- 3 tablespoons flour, heaping
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the squash into approximately 1-inch chunks.
- Cook until tender; either by boiling in water on the stove or cooking for about 9 minutes, stirring once, in the microwave.
- Drain well and puree in blender.
- Mix all ingredients, except nutmeg, well.
- Pour into greased casserole dish. Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Bake 350° for at least 45 - 60 minutes, or until set. (The original recipe says 35 minutes, but it's still like soup at that point for me.).
- Serve warm or cold.