Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are savory pancakes and my favorite way to eat summer squash. I could eat a whole batch myself.
- 1 cup grated yellow squash (or zucchini would be good too)
- 1 green onion, finely diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon melted margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 dash pepper
- combine all ingredients and mix well. pour by spoonfuls onto a hot pan. fry until golden brown.
- NOTE: when doubling recipe, do not double salt.
These are absolutely yummy. Being gluten intolerent, I used brown rice flour and a bit of potato starch. I also added a bit of grated sweet onion, some cayene and some grated cheese. I blotted the grated squash with paper towels to remove the excess water before adding the ingredients. This recipe is a keeper for sure. Thank you so very much for sharing.
Well..these were fantastic. You said you could eat a whole batch..i did :) I squeezed out the water first from the grated squash and i grated an onion into it as well.
These were very good, although a little bland for us. I grated my squash then squeezed it with paper towels to get the excess water out of it, which I think is a must with this recipe. We did enjoy it as an alternative way to cook our abundant amount of squash from the garden. Thanks for sharing. Made for Holiday Tag :)