1/1 Photo of Squash & Leek Soup
1 hr 30 mins
Lois M's Note:
I love this soup because it is thick & creamy without using any cream. I had a huge Butternut squash, and some leeks left from the garden, and this is what developed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut squash into half lengthwise, clean out seeds and place skin up on a baking dish, bake at 400 for about 45 minute allow to cool, peel off skin and cut into large chunks.
- 2In a large pot, saute the onions, ginger, leeks, and garlic in the butter until soft.
- 3Add the chicken stock, and wine (if using,or increase chicken stock) and simmer about 20 minute.
- 4Transfer to a large bowl or measuring cup.
- 5Fill blender or food processer with 1/2 stock and 1/2 squash.
- 6(This took me 3 batches) Puree.
- 7Return to pot and add salt, pepper to taste.
- 8Simmer about 20 minute Freezes well.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Squash & Leek Soup
Serving Size: 1 (247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 104.8
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 11.2 mg
- Sodium 200.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 4.2 g