Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is an amazing mix of flavors. The hominy and corn tortillas lend it a distinctly Mexican flavor.
- 2 lbs yellow squash
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 2 (15 ounce) cans hominy, drained
- 1⁄2 lb sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- crushed tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Cook squash, onion, and butter in water until tender.
- Add hominy, half grated cheese, jalapeños, sour cream and salt to cooked squash and mix.
- Pour into greased casserole and top with remaining cheese and tortilla chips.
- Bake 1 hour.