Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have made this wonderful dish with omitting some of the squash, you can make this with one or all of the squash, it will still be great using only one kind, but better using all of them! This is simply delicious!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 3 large onions, chopped (can use 2)
- 2 medium green bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic (I use a tablespoon!)
- 2 butternut squash, peeled, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 acorn squash, peeled seeded and cut into about 1-inch cubed
- 4 small potatoes, diced
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 large tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 small yellow squash, thinly sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- salt and pepper
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded swiss cheese (or both) or 2 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese (or both)
- In a large skillet, cook the ground beef with garlic, onions and green pepper until beef is no longer pink; drain.
- Add in butternut and acorn squash, potatoes, tomato sauce and Worcestershire sauce; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cook until potatoes and squash are tender.
- Add in the tomatoes, yellow squash, zuchinni, salt and pepper; heat through.
- Sprinkle with cheese; cover and cook until the cheese has melted.
I made this recipe because it's so healthy. Not bad, but I think it could use some more spices. I cut this recipe in half and included ALL of the squash; definitely too much squash! Even cutting the recipe in half it still seemed like enough for two meals. Next time I would omit the acorn squash entirely and reduce the amount of butternut squash. Prep time does not include cutting up all the vegetables!