Recipe by Calee
A baked squash and stuffing casserole with a hint of maple syrup!
Top Review by Linky
This was excellent! I used hubbard squash. DH and I thought it was perfect as is; my company thought I should have added a little salt and pepper to the squash mixture. To each his own! Made for My 3 Chefs.
- 2 lbs squash (hubbard or buttercup works best cooked and mashed after its cooked I pulse squash in food processor,)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 cup carrot (raw grated)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (284 ml) cream of chicken soup or 1 (284 ml) cream of celery soup
- 8 ounces chicken flavor stuffing mix (stove top)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare squash, either by peeling and boiling or bake in oven until tender. cool and mash. Yield for cooked squash is about 2 cups of puree.
- Saute onion and carrot in frying pan with tsp oil.Cool.
- In small bowl combine cooled onion, carrot, sour cream, maple syrup and soup.
- Fold in squash. Prepare stuffing according to package directions.
- Spread half of stuffing in bottom of prepared 8x8 baking dish.
- Spoon squash mixture on top, sprinkle with remaining stuffing.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.