Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
If you don't tell anyone, they will never guess that this dressing is made from squash. My family eats this just as well as the real thing.
- 2 cups cooked squash
- 2 cups crumbled cornbread
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- salt and pepper
- grated cheddar cheese (optional)
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Pour into greased baking dish.
- Bake at 350 for 30- 40 minutes.
- If you like, you can put grated cheese on top.
This is delicious. Mild flavor so goes well with spicy chicken or pork. I've tasted this dish with chiles as well (the canned, not-real-hot ones). The one change I will make next time is to use my own homemade cornbread, for some added texture -- the cornmeal packets produce too fine a texture of bread. But we will definitely make this again! thanks!
This is great I am always looking for new ways to use all that squach in my garden and my family loves it. As an option for a more holiday flavor I have added 1 Tsp of Sage or Poltry seasoning to taste.
its very easy to make.and my family loves it too.