Recipe by Brooklyn's Culinary Diva
I was doing a project on cajun and creole food, so I invested in some help from Susan Merrick who owns and operates cajun-country-foods.com. She helped me out with these recipes!! So I want to thank her!
- 1 lb yellow squash, sliced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sage
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- paprika, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam the squash until tender and drain it. In a large bowl blend together thoroughly the squash, eggs, onion, sage, 1/2 cup of the cheese, and salt.
- Pour the mixture into a greased casserole.Sprinkle the mixture with the paprika and the remaining cheese.
- Bake the casserole at 350 degrees F. for 20 to 25 minutes or until brown.