Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
Everyone that has eaten this casserole loves it, even if they think they don't like squash. I cook my squash in the microwave. My a slit for the steam to escape and cook at no more than 70% power.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs squash (spaghetti, acorn etc)
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 egg
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 12 -15 Ritz crackers, crushed
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- The squash takes about 15 minutes in the microwave to be soft enough to mash.
- Let the squash cool so you can handle it. Scoop out the seeds and discard.
- Mash squash, add butter, egg, onion, pepper and crackers and mix together.
- Place in buttered casserole dish.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees until bubbles appear on edge, about 25 minutes.