Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe is a favorite anywhere I take it. It's so good. My mom has been making this for years. I sometimes use only 1 egg and it makes the casserole a little more moist.
- 4 -5 cups squash, cooked (I use yellow and or zucchini)
- 1 large onion
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup or 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can mushroom soup
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 (8 ounce) packagepepperidge farm herb seasoned stuffing mix
- Combine soup, sour cream and eggs.
- Fold into squash and onion.
- Mix well.
- Melt butter and pour over stuffing mix.
- Line bottom of 9x13-inch Pyrex bowl with 1/2 of stuffing mix.
- Pour squash mix in bowl and top with other 1/2 of stuffing mix.
- Bake at 350° for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Turn oven off and sprinkle with grated American cheese and leave in oven to melt.
I'm sorry I really didn't care for it that much. Nothing wrong with the taste just wasn't my kind of taste I guess. Although I did like the stuffing added to the bottom and top, that made it more tasty. Glad I tried it though and I would recommend other people to try it.
This was delicious! The only thing I did differently was used sharp cheddar cheese instead of American. I'll be making this again for sure.
So not a squash fan, but my husband wanted some and bought quite a bit. I used a butternut squash, but could only find the stovetop stuffing, so went with that. I now have a squash recipe that I will eat and the kids loved it too! Thanks a lot!