Recipe by CarolAT
I saw this squash casserole being made on Good Morning America and just had to try it. The casserole is so easy to make, and it really turns out moist and tasty with just a bit of a crunch from the crackers. Your family will really enjoy this casserole.
- 1 (1/2 ounce) packet dry ranch dressing mix (make the salad dressing using mayonnaise according to package directions)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 -8 yellow squash, cut into 1/4-inch slices (or zucchini)
- 1 onion, chopped (medium sized onion)
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 6 -8 saltine crackers, coarsely broken
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, prepare salad dressing according to package directions.
- Add egg and 1 1/2 cups of the cheese. Add squash and onion. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- Transfer squash mixture to a 2-quart greased baking dish. Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and the saltine crackers.
- Bake 30 minutes or until squash is tender.