Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Another one from Grandma's Recipe Box.... This was fixed for family dinners often.... It is so good....
- 2 1⁄2-3 cups yellow squash, cooked with salt and pepper
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 3 carrots, grated
- 1⁄2 pint sour cream
- 1 onion, grated
- 1 (2 ounce) jar pimientos (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (6 ounce) package seasoned stuffing mix
- Mix 1st six ingredients.
- Melt butter and pour over stuffing mix.
- Stir until mix is well coated.
- Put half of the stuffing mix in the bottom of casserole dish.
- Add squash mixture and top with remaining stuffing mix.
- Bake at 350 for 30-40 minute.
I kept this recipe vegetarian friendly (for my son & DIL) by using cream of celery soup instead of the chicken version, but another time would definitely like to try it exactly as written, since what I'd fixed certainly made for a great tasting side of squash! Very, very nice! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
Hi There! Very good squash casserole. I liked the sour cream flavor. My hubby likes my recipe #245905, but every now and then I'll try another one and yours got picked. Try mine? Thanks so much for sharing.