Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A good squash casserole with a different twist! My family prefers this squash casserole over any other. A wonderful blend of flavors.
- 5 medium yellow squash, small cubes
- 8 pieces bacon, cooked
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 24 Ritz crackers, crushed
- black pepper
- Cook squash in salted water until tender and then drain.
- Crumble bacon and stir into squash. Add butter, milk and pepper.
- Lightly fold in cheese and crushed crackers.
- Pour mixture into oil sprayed 2 quart casserole dish. Top with more cheese and a few buttered cracker crumbs. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until bubbly.