Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Excellent! Quick and simple! Great for church socials, pot luck, etc.
- 2 cups squash, cooked
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) sleeve Ritz crackers (36 crackers)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oleo, melted
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook onion and squash; drain and mash.
- Beat eggs and milk together, add to squash and onion.
- Mix cheese, oleo, and cracker crumbs.
- Add ½ of this mixture to squash mixture. Pour into buttered casserole dish.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese and cracker crumbs on top.
- Cook 20-30 minutes at 400 degrees.