Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
A better than average Squash Casserole
- 2 cups squash, cooked, drained & mashed
- 2 cups extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups fine cracker crumbs (or bread crumbs)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup, shop (undiluted)
- Mix all ingredients.
- Pour into buttered casserole dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until set.
My husband is allergic to dairy so no cheese.....still was very good. My moms frozen almost fully cooked squash was perfect.
This is a great recipe. My first attempt at squash cassarole and it came out great. I have made it several times now. everyone loves it. I have started using about three pounds of squash and two sleeves of saltines and two cans of soup. Also add a quarter cup of diced jalapeno for my Texas taste.
A good way to use up squash. Thanks for the recipe.