Recipe by Petdrwife
I am not a big squash fan, but I love this casserole. So give it a try even if you don't care for squash.
Top Review by beirutando
I absolutely love squash, and had to force myself to finish this. It is way too sweet, which ends up tasting really strange as an egg-based casserole topped with cheese. I would consider making it again with maybe a couple tablespoons of sugar instead of the 1/4 cup the recipe calls for.
- 907.18 g yellow squash (cut into chunks)
- 59.14 ml butter
- 118.29 ml onion (chopped)
- 59.14 ml granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 118.29 ml milk
- 236.59 ml cheddar cheese (grated)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucpan over medium heat cook squash with butter, onion and sugar until tender(do not add water, it will create enough to cook).
- If excessive water in squash drain it off; let cool.
- When cooled, add egg/milk mixture and salt and pepper to taste.
- Place squash mixture in at 8x8 or similar casserole dish.
- Cover with cheese and bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour.