I found this recipe in a Southern Living Magazine. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
Make and share this Squash Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- Cook squash in boiling water to cover in a large skillet 8 to 10 minutes or just until tender.
- Drain well; gently press between paper towels.
- Melt 4 tbsp butter in skillet over medium-high heat; add onion, and sauté 5 minutes or until tender.
- Remove skillet from heat; stir in squash, cheese, and next 4 ingredients.
- Spoon mixture into a greased 11x7-inch baking dish.
- Melt remaining 1 tbsp butter.
- Stir together melted butter and crushed crackers; sprinkle evenly over top of casserole.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 to 35 minutes or until set.