Recipe by CindiJ
I've made this recipe several times and my husband still can't believe he's eating squash. Great to fix when the squash vines are producing quicker than we can pick!
Top Review by Buster's friend
Wonderful recipe & very forgiving on choice of cheeses. Have actually used feta in it with great results (used more sour cream, red peppers & an egg in that version). Thank you CindiJ for a fast & fantastic keeper!
- 6 cups yellow squash and zucchini, large diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup crushed Ritz cracker
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Saute the squash in olive oil over medium-low heat until it has completely broken down (approx. 15 minutes).
- Drain well in colander and set aside.
- In skillet, saute the onion in butter for 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan and mix all ingredients together saving the Ritz cracker crumbs. Place in greased 2 quart casserole and top with cracker crumbs.
- Bake 25-30 minutes.