Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Great summertime dish when you have an abundance of fresh squash. Don't use frozen squash, it doesn't taste the same in this recipe.
- 2 cups squash, cooked
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- Mix cooked squash, soup, onion, sugar and the beaten eggs together. Add salt & pepper. Pour 1/2 of the mixture into a well greased casserole dish. Sprinkle to of mixture with 1/2 cup of the bread crumbs and 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Add rest of the squash mixture and top with remaining bread crumbs and cheese. Pour melted butter on top.
- Bake at 325 degrees for about 40 minutes.
I really liked this recipe. I look forward to making it more. A good way for me to get some veggies in.
This turned out OK, but I thought it was too sweet.
Normally I don't care for squash, but I sure do like it in this casserole. The casserole has a slightly sweet taste and is very good. A great way to use up some of that summer abundance.