Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Stop laughing! Nobody sat on these! You're saying YOU SAT ON THE BROWNIES?!?!? Oh No!
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup cooking oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups grated zucchini or 2 cups yellow squash, drained
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream butter, oil, and sugars together in a large mixing bowl; beat in eggs.
- Add vanilla and buttermilk, stirring well.
- In another bowl, mix together dry ingredients (except nuts and chocolate chips), then add in small amounts to the wet ingredients, stirring well after each addition.
- Add the grated squash to the batter, and mix well.
- Pour the batter into a greased and floured oblong 9x11 baking pan and sprinkle with nuts and chocolate chips.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes, or until it tests done.
- Cut into squares when cool.
Wonderful. They have a cake-like texture. My husband loves them also. I'll try them next on my co-workers who hate vegetables. They'll never know they are eating squash.
These were excellent! I used zucchini and mini chocolate chips which I just threw into the batter. These were a rich, cake like brownie.