Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 cup goat cheese (or mozzarella)
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato, coarsely chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, roasted
- 1 tablespoon cream
- 1 teaspoon chives, florets coarsely chopped (I use green onions)
- 1 teaspoon basil, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano, coarsely chopped
- 8 -12 squash blossoms
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb
- oil (for deep frying)
- Using the plastic blade in food processor, mix goat cheese, sun dried tomatoes, garlic, cream, chive florets, basil and oregano (I used blender).
- Pipe mixture into squash blossoms and close end of flower.
- Dip stuffed flower into egg yolk and roll in bread crumbs.
- Deep fry until they turn light brown.
- Remove from oil and drain.
- Serve immediately.
These were just absolutely melt in the mouth beautiful. They were so easy to prepare. I used zucchini flowers. The combination of the sun dried tomatoes and the goats cheese is an excellent marriage. The roasted garlic added a wonderful mellow flavour. You just have to use the chive florets. The mixture with all these ingredients were just so colourful. This recipe has a marvelous flavour and texture. I could rave on for ages.... and it's a REAL YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMM recipe!!!! My guests were just amazed at what I served up and all gave this recipe a thumbs up and a FIVE.
Very good overall; I'd be more likely to make these again if I knew how to make them less greasy after frying. Also, recipe should be updated to say