Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Made this recipe after being given a number of acorn squash from a co-worker. The recipe is from the 1984 Southern Living cookbook. Excellent tasting and low in calories.
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and sliced (about 1 pound)
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1 medium apple, peeled and sliced
- 1 small potato, peeled and sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 medium carrot, scraped and sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried whole rosemary
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- Combine first 9 ingredients in a large Dutch oven; cover and simmer 20 to 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Spoon half of vegetable mixture inot container of electric blender, process until smooth. Repeat procedure with remaining vegetable mixture. Return pureed mixture to Dutch oven; stir in skim milk. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until mixture in thoroughly heated.
This is very good. Thank you Jim