Recipe by samcp4
This is a lovely thick and healthy soup. A good way to add fruit and vegetables to your diet. Add garlic if wanted. I used to fry the onion, and garlic when I used it, in a little olive oil before adding the other ingredients, but I found it makes no real difference to the flavour. Serve with crusty bread and butter or cream cheese.
Top Review by CoolMonday
I do love squash and had exactly the ingredients need for this interesting soup. So I made it.. and... yummmmmmm. We all agreed it was wonderful, and it was so easy to make. I cubed everything to about 1 inch and it was done in 25 minutes. It wasn't too thick.. perfect. Thanks for a great recipe
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 courgette, peeled and cubed
- 1 apple, peeled and cubed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 9.85 ml fresh basil, finely chopped
- 750 ml vegetable stock
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all of the ingredients into a large saucepan.
- Bring to the boil then reduce the heat to a simmer and cover.
- Simmer for 20 to 30 minutes, or until all the vegetables are completely soft.
- Place the soup into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Return the soup to the saucepan and heat through gently adding salt and pepper to taste, and water if it is too thick.