This is a lovely thick and healthy soup. A good way to add fruit and vegetables to your diet. Add garlic if wanted. I used to fry the onion, and garlic when I used it, in a little olive oil before adding the other ingredients, but I found it makes no real difference to the flavour. Serve with crusty bread and butter or cream cheese.
- Place all of the ingredients into a large saucepan.
- Bring to the boil then reduce the heat to a simmer and cover.
- Simmer for 20 to 30 minutes, or until all the vegetables are completely soft.
- Place the soup into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Return the soup to the saucepan and heat through gently adding salt and pepper to taste, and water if it is too thick.