1/3 Photos of Squash, Apple and Onion Soup (Revised)
This is a lovely thick and healthy soup. A good way to add fruit and vegetables to your diet. Add garlic if wanted. I used to fry the onion, and garlic when I used it, in a little olive oil before adding the other ingredients, but I found it makes no real difference to the flavour. Serve with crusty bread and butter or cream cheese.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place all of the ingredients into a large saucepan.
- 2Bring to the boil then reduce the heat to a simmer and cover.
- 3Simmer for 20 to 30 minutes, or until all the vegetables are completely soft.
- 4Place the soup into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- 5Return the soup to the saucepan and heat through gently adding salt and pepper to taste, and water if it is too thick.
Browse Our Top Apple Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Apple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Squash, Apple and Onion Soup (Revised)
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 97.0
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 11.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: