Squash, Apple and Onion Pie
Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
- Cook onions in margarine until soft but not browned (about 5 min.), then add garlic to warm and infuse flavour (about 2 min) Stir in Dijon, thyme and salt.
- Blend in cream.
- Spread onion mixture in the pie shell.
- Arrange apple and squash in an overlapping, alternating pattern to cover the top of the onion filling Dot with 1 tbsp of butter.
- Bake at 375 for 35-40 minutes or until squaah is fork tender.
- Makes 6 servings as an entree or 8 servings as a side dish.