Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 2 large onions, thinnly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 9 inch partially baked pie crust
- 2 large tart apples, peeled,cored and sliced into 1/8 inch thick slices
- 3⁄4 lb squash, peeled and sliced into 1/8 inch thick slices (1 small)
- Cook onions in margarine until soft but not browned (about 5 min.), then add garlic to warm and infuse flavour (about 2 min) Stir in Dijon, thyme and salt.
- Blend in cream.
- Spread onion mixture in the pie shell.
- Arrange apple and squash in an overlapping, alternating pattern to cover the top of the onion filling Dot with 1 tbsp of butter.
- Bake at 375 for 35-40 minutes or until squaah is fork tender.
- Makes 6 servings as an entree or 8 servings as a side dish.