1/2 Photos of Squash and Zucchini Casserole (Lightened)
We have enjoyed this casserole for years, but since we are trying to eat better. I made a lightened version and took out alot of the fat and calories. That way we can enjoy this and not have to suffer the consequences later.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups summer squash, sliced (I used a mixture of zucchini and yellow)
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 1 (10 ounce) can Healthy Request cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1 cup 2% cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- 8 ounces cornbread stuffing mix, your choice
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- cooking spray
- 1Place squash and onion in a microwave safe bowl add about 1/4 c water and cover with plastic wrap. Be sure to leave a small vent hole. Microwave on high about 4 mins or till tender. Drain.
- 2Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9 x 13 casserole with cooking spray. In a small bowl combine stuffing mix and chicken broth. Put 1/2 of this mixture in bottom of casserole.
- 3Mix squash/onion mixture with carrots, sour cream, cornstarch, and cream of chicken soup, cheese, and Mrs Dash.
- 4Pour squash mixture over stuffing in casserole. Top with remaining stuffing mix and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- 5Bake in oven uncovered for 30 mins or till bubbly.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Squash and Zucchini Casserole (Lightened)
Serving Size: 1 (239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 201.2
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 6.4 mg
- Sodium 551.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 10.0 g