Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a creamy comfort food recipe. Note: Do not precook vegetables!
- 3 cups yellow squash
- 2 cups zucchini
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄8 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup butter (melted)
- 72 -108 Ritz crackers (2-3 sleeves)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice squash and zucchini into bite-sized pieces.
- Crush 1 1/2 sleeves of crackers and cover the bottom of a 9x13 glass baking dish.
- Mix together soup, half and half, sour cream, cheese, onion flakes, salt, and pepper.
- Combine soup mixture with vegetables and coat evenly.
- Pour into banking dish on top of crackers.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Combine melted butter with the remaining crushed crackers and top the casserole.
- Bake for an additional 5-10 minutes or until crackers are golden brown.
Perfect.My DD helped me make this and we enjoyed it very much. I made half the recipe in a smaller pyrex dish. I will make this again. I used Fresh Cream of Mushroom Soup thickened instead of campbell's. Thanks for sharing Chef #664689.