Recipe by mary winecoff
I got this recipe from Paula Deen's magazine. I just picked some zucchini and yellow squash from the garden and plan to make this tonight. Looks good.
Top Review by dhoop
I only had 2 zucchini and 1 squash so I reduced everything but the egg, and they came out to the perfect consistency. My husband really liked them and I will make again! Was a little labor intensive grating the veggies - but worth it!
- 3 medium zucchini
- 3 medium yellow squash
- 1 cup breadcrumbs, toasted
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup vidalia onion, minced
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Grate zucchini and squash with a fine grater.
- Press between paper towels to remove excess moisture.
- In a medium bowl, combine grated zucchini and squash and the next 7 ingredients.
- Shape mixture into 2 inch patties, pressing together firmly.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Cook squash and zucchini cakes 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until lightly browned.