Recipe by Chef mariajane
Start this one-pot vegatarian meal on top of the stove, then finish in the oven. There is no need for constant stirring. Very Delicious!!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups diced peeled butternut squash
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (540 ml) can navy beans or 1 (540 ml) can white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- in a large Dutch oven or ovenproof saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; cook onion and garlic until softened, about 2 minutes,.
- Stir in rice to coat. Stir in broth, squash, thyme, salt, pepper and beans; cover and bake in a 325F oven for 40 minutes or until rice and squash are tender and most of the liquid to absorbed.
- Let stand, covered, for 20 minutes or until remaining liquid is absorbed. Sprinkle each serving with cheese and parsley.