1/3 Photos of Squash and Tomato Galette
Found this in a magazine and it sounded too good not to save.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat grill.
- 2In a large bowl, toss yellow squash and zucchini slices with oil and salt.
- 3Grill vegetables, turning once until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- 4Let cool.
- 5Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- 6On lightly floured surface, roll piecrust into a 14" circle.
- 7Carefully transfer to a baking sheet.
- 8In small bowl, combine cheese, bread crumbs and basil.
- 9Spread mixture in a 9" circle in middle of piecrust.
- 10Arrange half of the grilled vegetable slices in spoke fashion to cover cheese mixture.
- 11Place tomato slices over squash.
- 12Arrange remaining squash slices over tomatoes.
- 13Fold outer edge of dough over vegetables to make top layer of crust.
- 14Brush top with the beaten egg white.
- 15Bake 30 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- 16Serve warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Squash and Tomato Galette
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 234.7
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 4.8 mg
- Sodium 394.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 7.1 g