You wouldn't normally think of squash and shrimp as a natural food combination but this soup is truly delicious -- and the ingredients will keep everyone at the table guessing! You can make two variations: either with milk as listed or make it lighter by using the juice of one lemon instead. Black pepper ground over the top is essential.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the squash, boiling water, stock cubes, apple and shrimp into a large saucepan.
- 2Heat until boiling, then reduce heat and let simmer for 20 minutes until the squash is tender.
- 3Blitz in a blender until the soup is smooth.
- 4Stir in the milk or lemon juice.
- 5Ladle into bowls and season with salt and black pepper.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Squash and Shrimp Soup
Serving Size: 1 (404 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 148.8
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 106.3 mg
- Sodium 726.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 15.0 g