Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is from a friend's cookbook. I thought it sounded very good.
- 1 squash (about 1 kg whole)
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 150 g red lentils
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 900 ml vegetable stock or 900 ml chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Peel, seed and dice the squash and roast with the rosemary sprigs and olive oil in a 200 C oven for 45 minutes.
- You want the total amount of diced squash to be about 2 pounds or 900g.
- Meanwhile, clean the lentils and then boil them for about 10 minutes.
- Drain the lentils, add the stock and the onion and simmer for five minutes.
- Mash the squash and stir into the soup.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve with a sprig of the roasted rosemary on top.
This is a good and healthy soup. I cut the butternut squash in half, drizzled olive oil on it, and sprinkled it with dried rosemary. Then, I roasted it at 375 deg. until it was tender. This makes it easier to peel. After cooking all the ingredients until soft, I pureed the soup with my immersion blender. Thank you for this healthy recipe.
This soup is awesome and full of flavor, which I wouldn't have expected with so few ingredients..and without the Rosemary, because I didn't have any...I will make this again! Was thrown by the metrics but with a few conversions I was able to get it.