Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I was making another dish similar to this and I discovered I had no sweet potatoes. I subbed squash and played around a bit and came up with this.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 teaspoons red curry paste
- 500 g butternut squash, peeled and in chunks
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 200 ml vegetable stock
- 140 g green beans (frozen is fine)
- 237 g pineapple in juice, drained
- 1⁄4 cup torn coriander leaves
- Heat oil and fry onion for 5 minutes Add paste and squash and mix well. Add milk and stock, simmer for 20 mins until squash is tender, halfway through add the beans.
- Stir in pineapple and coriander and leave until pineapple heats through.
- serve with rice or noodles.
- You can add a diced chicken breast at the onion stage is desired.