Recipe by linanil
Mixing the flavors of a summer squash, either Zucchini or Yellow Squash with Hominy creates a nice blend of flavors. You can choose one squash or the other or create a mix of both of them. You can also add more or less of hominy or squash, depending on how you feel or what is available to you.
Top Review by penfieldjarrell
Did not care for the flavor (or lack there of) at all! When I tasted the finished saute, I knew it would be wasted effort to set it on the dinner table. I cooked the squash mixture a little longer, added about half a cup of seasoned croutons, a cup of aged cheddar cheese sauce, half a can of diced green chiles, and one beaten egg. I beat the mixture, poured it into a greased casserole dish, and topped with cheese. It salvaged a disaster!
- 3 -4 cups zucchini or 3 -4 cups yellow squash, 1/4-1/2-inch slices
- 1⁄2-1 cup hominy
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the olive oil in a cooking pan.
- Sautee the onion on medium heat for 5 minutes Add the hominy and sautee until the onion is translucent.
- Add the water, it should barely cover the bottom of the pan.
- Add the squash and salt.
- Cover and put on low heat.
- Stir occassionally until squash starts to become tender.
- Uncover and put on medium heat.
- Stir regularly until all the pieces of squash are tender.