Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A nice, very light main dish or side dish. You can use yellow squash or zucchini.....enjoy!
- 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta (or ziti, or any other tube pasta)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or crushed
- 2 medium yellow squash or 2 medium zucchini
- 3⁄4 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon, zest of
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2⁄3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- salt, to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large skillet or medium-high heat.
- Slice the squash in half, lengthwise, then cut into slices.
- Add the squash, oregano, and garlic to the skillet; sauteeing about 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, lemon rind, juice and black pepper.
- Drain the cooked pasta, and add, along with the feta to the skillet.
- Toss well.
- Serve warm.
Quite tasty and not difficult to make. Next time I may try adding a hot chili pepper or two for extra spiciness.