Canadian Living. They suggest a mild curry paste, and unless you like it spicy! I would also suggest a mild paste, or maybe scale back a tad if your using something stronger.
- 2 cups butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 (540 ml) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, minced
- 3 tablespoons mild curry paste
- 1 (400 ml) can light coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1⁄4 cup natural smooth cashew butter or 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups packed swiss chard, shredded
- 1 cup frozen green pea
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- In a dutch oven, fry onion, garlic and ginger for about 2 minutes. Add curry paste; cook, sitting until fragrant about 1 minute.
- Add squash, potato and chickpeas; stir to coat.
- Add coconut milk, stock, cashew butter and salt; bril to boil then cover and simmer stirring twice, until vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Gently stir in swiss chard and peas; cook, sitrring until swiss chard wilts, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with coriander.