1/2 Photos of Squash and Chickpea Curry
kelly in TO's Note:
Canadian Living. They suggest a mild curry paste, and unless you like it spicy! I would also suggest a mild paste, or maybe scale back a tad if your using something stronger.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 (540 ml) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, minced
- 3 tablespoons mild curry paste
- 1 (400 ml) can light coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup natural smooth cashew butter or 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups packed swiss chard, shredded
- 1 cup frozen green pea
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 1In a dutch oven, fry onion, garlic and ginger for about 2 minutes. Add curry paste; cook, sitting until fragrant about 1 minute.
- 2Add squash, potato and chickpeas; stir to coat.
- 3Add coconut milk, stock, cashew butter and salt; bril to boil then cover and simmer stirring twice, until vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes.
- 4Gently stir in swiss chard and peas; cook, sitrring until swiss chard wilts, about 5 minutes.
- 5Sprinkle with coriander.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Squash and Chickpea Curry
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 218.3
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 426.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 7.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mild curry paste
light coconut milk
smooth cashew butter