1/1 Photo of Squash and Broccoli Casserole
1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 15 mins
No salt or butter needed. Unbelievable flavor!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice squash in half, remove seeds, fill seed wells with chopped celery, onions, bell peppers, sprinkle with water and black pepper, then roast for about 45 minutes until squash is tender. For additional information see my Roasted Juicy Acorn Squash.
- 2Steam broccoli (fresh or frozen) on stovetop in a saucepan with steaming insert.
- 3While broccoli is cooking, remove skin from squash and puree in food processor. Discard skin. Place pureed squash in a 9x12" rectangular glass baking dish.
- 4Once broccoli is cooked, stir in with squash, chopped onions, chopped celery, and fresh ground black pepper.
- 5Slice 1 Roma tomato. Discard end slices. Place remaining slices across the top of squash mixture. Sprinkle with Mrs. Dash Seasoning Blend and pepper.
- 6For an extra boost, sprinkle some red pepper flakes across the top. Bake at 350°F for about 30 to 40 minutes.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Squash and Broccoli Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 68.2
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 25.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 2.2 g