Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A twist on the traditional frittata, for a lower fat version switch the goats cheese for feta.
- 450 g butternut squash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons cream (any type)
- 225 g small cooked beetroots
- 100 g goat's cheese
- Cut the squash into 1 inch chunks. Heat the oil and fry for 5 minutes Reduce the heat, cover and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Beat the eggs and cream together with seasoning. Peel and chop the beetroot into 1 inch chunks, add to the pan for 2 minutes then pour over the egg mixture.
- Allow the egg to begin to set, then cover and cook for 5 minutes
- Crumble the goat's cheese over the top and place under a hot grill to finish.
- Serves very well with a rocket salad.