Recipe by KittyKitty
Don't heat the sour cream too long or it will curdle.This is also good served cold. I got this from a magazine, I think maybe Family Circle, not sure.
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can ready-to-serve chicken broth
- 2 cups applesauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream (can use low fat)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients except sour cream in a 3 1/2 to 6 quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low heat 8-10 hours ( or high 3-5 hours) until squash is tender.
- Place one third to one half of the mixture at a time in a blender or food processor. Cover and blend until smooth, on high speed.Return to cooker.
- Stir in sour cream. Cover and cook on low heat setting 15 minutes, just until soup is hot;stir.
- Garnish each serving with a dollop of sour cream.