Recipe by TrickyClimber
A different (read: better) take on the Nanaimo Bar. With a peanut butter base and a lighter filling than custard these are sure to please without being too sweet
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup corn flakes
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons light cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate or 3 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. In large saucepan over low heat, beat peanut butter, sugar and corn syrup until blended and sugar has dissolved.
- 2. Remove from heat, stir in rice cereal and cornflakes.
- 3. Press into lightly greased 9" square cake pan and let cool (10 min in fridge).
- 1. In bowl, beat icing sugar and butter then beat in cream and vanilla.
- 2. Spread over cereal base, chill for 30 minutes.
- 1. In double boiler, over hot water, melt chocolate and butter, let cool.
- 2. Spread evenly over filling, chill for 20 minutes.
- 3. Cut into squares.