Recipe by floridoodle
Delicious tender chicken rolls stuffed with spinach, mushrooms, and mozzerella cheese. Made with low-fat ingredients or you can substitute full-fat ingredients. I made this up as I went along. I served this with pasta and everyone absolutely loved it.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut in half lengthwise into 8 tenders (about 1 lb total)
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen spinach
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 4 teaspoons parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons light butter, melted
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 dash dried oregano (to taste)
- 1 dash dried thyme (to taste)
- 1 dash dried basil (to taste)
- 1 dash garlic powder (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken tenders between two sheets of plastic wrap. Pound to 1/4 inch thickness. Set aside.
- Thaw spinach according to direction. Drain well. Set aside.
- Spray frying pan with cooking spray. Sautee mushrooms until limp.
- Sprinkle about 2 tablespoons of mozzerella and 1 teaspoon of parmesan cheese on each chicken tender. Divide mushrooms and spinach onto chicken breasts, too.
- Push the filling down into the tenders.Fold the long sides in and roll the chicken up jelly-roll style starting from a short side. Secure with toothpicks.
- Place chicken in a dish and freeze for 20 minute.
- While chicken is chilling, make bread crumbs: tear bread into pieces and pulse with remaining parmesan cheese and seasonings in a food processor to make crumbs.
- Remove chicken from freezer and dip into melted butter, turning to coat.
- Dredge in bread crumbs.
- Place chicken in a baking pan. Spray with cooking spray and bake in a 400 degree F oven about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and enjoy!