6 hrs 45 mins
Julie B's Hive's Note:
A little rum, a little fruit, a little nuts - great way to top off a good Italian meal. Cook time is freeze time. NOTE ON TOPPINGS: No exact amounts of stemmed cherries, macaroons or pistachio nuts were given in the original recipe. Garnish according to personal taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 pint chocolate ice cream
- 1 pint pistachio ice cream
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 maraschino cherries or 1/4 golden raisin
- 1/4 cup nuts, chopped
- 2 teaspoons kirsch or 2 teaspoons brandy
- 1 pint raspberry sherbet
- maraschino cherry, with stems intact (for topping)
- macaroons, crumbled (for topping)
- pistachio nut (for topping)
- 1Evenly layer softened chocolate ice cream into a 9x5x3 in loaf pan. Smooth the surface. Cover and freeze until firm.
- 2Repeat with pistachio ice cream.
- 3Combine vanilla ice cream with cherries, nuts and flavoring, mixing well. Even spoon over pistachio layer. Cover and freeze until firm.
- 4Spread raspberry sherbet over vanilla layer. Smooth the surface. Cover with foil and freeze at least 6 hrs or overnight.
- 5Run dinner knife around edges of mold. Dip bottom of mold quickly into hot water, place well-chilled serving platter over mold and invert.
- 6Garnish as desired with cherries, macaroon crumbs or nuts. Slice Spumoni with a knife dipped into hot water.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spumoni
Serving Size: 1 (85 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 222.0
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 26.9 mg
- Sodium 99.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 25.2 g
- Protein 3.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pistachio ice cream