Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a traditional Christmas sweet from Italy. Posted in response to request
- 1 lb hazelnuts, meats coarsely chopped
- 1 lb confectioners' sugar
- 1 ounce cocoa (2 Tbs)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 5 -6 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Cut baking pan liner paper or brown paper to fit 2 baking sheets and grease lightly.
- Put hazelnuts, confectioner's sugar, cocoa, and cinnamon in a large bowl; add egg whites and mix well until mixture is well blended: about 5 minutes.
- Wet hands with water and break off small pieces of mixture (about 1 Tbs) and shape into round balls.
- Place on baking sheets, 1" apart, and bake for approximately 30 minutes.